LEARNING COSMETICS AND LASERS DURING DERMATOLOGY RESIDENCY
Cosmetic and laser dermatology are important components of dermatology residency. Most residents plan to incorporate cosmetic procedures into their practice after graduation, and patient demand is continually on the rise.
There are many ways options to supplement your dermatology education during residency, so that you are well-equipped to perform cosmetic and laser procedures safely and effectively after graduation. Many of these options are outlined below.
From the AACD
Meetings with hands-on training, live demonstrations, and more
- ASDS Annual Meeting: Didactic education and hands-on sessions for residents
- ASLMS Annual Meeting: Didactic education and hands-on sessions for residents
- Additional ASDS In-person courses: Premier Annual Resident Cosmetic Symposium, Masters Circuit, and Advanced Injection Techniques courses
- ASLMS Preceptorship Program: 2nd-3rd year dermatology residents and fellows visit the practice of established physicians
- Controversies & Conversations: Leaders in the field discuss hot topics in cutaneous and aesthetic dermatology
- Cosmetic Bootcamp: Annual meeting with didactic education and live patient demonstrations
- Consider completing an off-site rotation at another dermatology residency program or private practice
- Club Derm: Compilation upcoming dermatology conferences, scholarships/awards/grants, board review, archived webinars, and more
- ASLMS Early Career Educational Resources: Resources related to lasers and other light energy-based technology
- ASLMS Mentorship Program: Project-based, one-year virtual mentorship by an established ASLMS mentor
- ASLMS Online Learning: Learning portal for laser and energy-based devices
- ASDS Learn: Learning portal for cosmetic and surgical dermatology
This material is for informational or educational purposes only. The Reading List is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical education. The AACD makes every effort to provide information that is both accurate and timely but makes no guarantee in this regard.